nav

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Hotel del Coronado

Since this past weekend was super eventful, I've decided to do another post today!

Last Saturday Jim and I headed down to Coronado just across San Diego bay. Our destination? The famous Hotel del Coronado.


If you haven't heard of this hotel, where have you been? Just kidding. When it opened in 1888(What?! Yes, 1888), it was one of a kind. At that time, it was considered the largest resort hotel in the world, and is now the largest all wooden building in California, and also the oldest!

I think when most people see this hotel they see Marilyn Monroe in Some Like It Hot, which was filmed there. But there were numerous other famous guests who stayed there. Some of them being Frank L. Baum, Charlie Chaplin, and even Thomas Edison. Sixteen US Presidents stayed there as well. How cool, right?



This place was really beautiful to see. Jim and I stopped at a mexican restaurant called Miguel's Cocina first, to grab some delicious fish tacos and margaritas. It was pretty windy out that day, but we still had a blast.








The world's first outdoor lit Christmas tree!




Random apartments that I thought were pretty.




Our yummy Mexican food!


Hope you guys enjoyed! This place is really great. It was fun getting to see the other side of Coronado besides the Naval Base. We also went to a few other places this weekend, so more adventures to come!

Have a great day!

xx Jessica

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that mexican food looks so delicious and those margaritas... YUM! love the beautiful hotel

Erin said...

Well I've never heard of it but it's now on my bucket list. The margs may be my favorite part though.

Erin said...

Well I've never heard of it but it's now on my bucket list. The margs may be my favorite part though.

Courtney B said...

I want to go someday!! What a PERFECT weekend!

Heather said...

Awww I've been there - such a gorgeous place!!!! LOVE IT! Do you know about the haunted room!???

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Emily said...

I am dying to go there!! Love your photos.
Creamy

Tamara @ Go Fish Style said...

great images!

Molly Jean said...

omg! I love that picture of Marilyn, I haven't seen it before. And I've always wanted to go to that hotel, it is only a couple hours away from me and yet I have yet to go to San Diego! Looks so beautiful.

Erica said...

Wow that hotel looks gorgeous! It kinda reminds me of the Grabd Floridian resort at Disney World ;)

http://theprettyfactor.blogspot.com