nav

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The secret is out.

The most wonderful thing happened to me on Saturday, the secret I've been wanting to share with you all.

I got engaged!

But I can't say I didn't know it was coming. I actually went with James to pick the ring out.

We drove over to Sunset Cliffs Blvd in Point Loma to look at all the nice houses lining the ocean and the cliffs. I've posted pictures of La Jolla, and Point Loma is just as beautiful. We sat close to the edge of the cliffs and watched the waves boom and crash into them. It was, of course, a beautiful day, because it's always a beautiful day in San Diego. Then we drove down to Cabrillo National Park. At the top of the mountains there's a lighthouse and on the east side you can see the entire city of San Diego and Coronado Island. And on the west side, of course, you can see the blue Pacific.


I tried to wait patiently for what was coming. And when he finally proposed, I was the happiest person in the world.

We are not a traditional couple. We talked about getting married for a couple months now. He didn't have to surprise me, it was a mutual understanding. We both are very in love and want to spend the rest of our lives together, so we went to the jeweler's and picked out an engagement ring and our wedding bands. I'm not the type of girl that needed the moment to be traditional, perfect, or how it always appears to be when you're younger and you dream of the day you'll get engaged and then married. We actually even considered getting married in Vegas and not telling anyone, but I knew that my family would want to share in the moment as well, so we didn't.

What I mean, is that it may not have been the established, common marriage proposal, but it was perfect to me, and now I get to marry the man of my dreams.

Yay!



15 comments:

Unknown said...

the ring is absolutely gorgeous! congratulations!! xx

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! im so happy for you and your man. you picked out a beautiful ring ;-)

i wish the both of you all the happiness in the world and a life filled with great times and laughter!

Courtney B said...

AH! CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy and excited for you both :)
And your ring? Stunnnnnnning!

Jessica said...

Thank you so much ladies!! :)

That Brunette One said...

Perfect!!!! I love your ring :) congrats to both xx

Confetti_hearts said...

Omg! congrats Jess! So happy for you! and pssftt... that's a beautiful ringggg o^-^o

Heather said...

OMG congrats! That is so very exciting, and the ring is amazing ;)

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Jazz said...

Woooooooo congratulations! What an exciting time for you! Your ring is absolutely stunning:)

Glad you are marrying the man of your dreams!

It looks so beautiful where you went.
(& would have been so cool to see Vegas wedding pics;))

& thanks so much for the comment and offering to listen to me rant, I'll get in touch if I need to! Thanks again.

xxx

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I am SO HAPPY for you! Ahhhhhhh!!!! I want to jump up and down. You so deserve it Jessica. You are a beautiful person and he sounds great. I LOVE your ring!!! Congratulations girl!!! ((HUG))
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Babybluez said...

I just came across your blog, but I wanted to say congratulations anyways! Gorgeous ring xx

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings said...

CONGRATS to you guys!! Gorgeous ring!! This is such an exciting time!!

Jayme @ Her Late Night Cravings

Jessica said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wohoo marriage is the best..

Anonymous said...

Sooo happy 4 u!

Elle Vee said...

Congrats! :) The ring is beautiful

Erica said...

Congratulations!!!

http://theprettyfactor.blogspot.com