nav

Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 10th and September 11th

So I had an excellent birthday yesterday! My super cool boyfriend bought me beautiful flowers.
Then we went down to Coral Gables and had sushi for lunch, and then Carrabbas for dinner. Like many, I'm currently trying to lose weight. 28 pounds so far. I gained a ton of weight at the end of high school and in college, and last winter I decided I needed to change. It's been a slow process, and its feels amazing to see results, but within the past two weeks I've hit a plateau...not my first either lol. I went on vacation last week, managed to maintain my weight, but now that I'm back I haven't been able to nudge a pound. Guess that means I gotta step up my game. My goal is to lose 10 more pounds by the end of October, but because my weight loss has been so slow moving I doubt that will happen. Still. Anything more will make me happy.

On an entirely different subject, for the past ten years, September 11th has overshadowed and will continue to overshadow my birthday. Ten years ago I was 13 years old and in 8th grade. I don't remember my birthday, but I do remember watching the news when I got home from school. My father was driving into Staten Island that morning. He saw the first plane crash into the World Trade Center. I never saw my Dad cry in my entire life until he told his children what he saw that day. And I don't know anyone who wasn't affected by what happened on September 11th.
I'll never forget that day, in New York City, in Washington D.C., and in Shanksville, PA, and never will our nation.


Never forget those who have fallen, those who fought bravely to defend our freedoms, and those who continue to fight.

No comments: