nav

Thursday, January 12, 2012

You've got the cure for your disease growing in your backyard.

Yesterday I woke up only to have a nasty allergen attack me in the face: runny nose, sinus headache, super puffy, itchy eyes. Downright miserable. It could have been caused by an allergy pill I took that was a month expired. I mean, it was only one month. :[ Today I'm feeling much better though. Thank you Zyrtec.

So I've decided that in the year 2012, I need to step outside my comfort zone and be adventurous. I've mentioned before that I have a craptastic camera (a simple point and shoot Samsung SL102), but in an effort to get to know it better, and maybe produce some better quality images, I will be implementing something I'm calling "Photo Friday". It's pretty self-explanatory. I'll just be posting the most polished looking photo I've managed to take that week. Hopefully this will help hone some photography skills, and perhaps lead me down the road to a much better camera. But I figure I might as well work with what I've got.

In another effort to be adventurous, I'm going to share with you guys an outfit post today. I don't do many of these. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm chicken, and what I already said about my camera.^ I won't do these daily, but I'll try to get in at least one per week.

That being said, here's my outfit today!





Knit Top: Francesca's Collection
Tank top: Charlotte Russe
Jeans: Lucky Brand
Shoes: Payless
Necklace: Gift from my sister


I love Francesca's by the way. This top is SUPER comfy. Looks are deceiving, because I could sleep in this top. My eyes are still a little puffy and dark, but I had to get dressed and put on some makeup today in order to make myself feel better. Often, I find that works out great. :)

I'm heading out with some friends tonight, so, realistically, I will be changing my shoes to flat boots. I have a wicked blister on my heel from my new Vibram Five Finger running shoes. Booo.

Oh, and I just got a Tumblr, so check me out!


<3

14 comments:

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I was suffering from allergies the other day. Constantly sneezing and I felt my head was going to explode. hahaha Then relief! Its amazing how it comes and goes. You look really cute Jessica. I love your outfit and that's a great necklace. Your leopard flats are super cute. Enjoy your evening.
http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Anonymous said...

hope your allergies get better, they can be a pain love your accessories

Haus of Style said...

My son has been getting allergies lately too, you wouldn't think it exist in the winter time right?

Anywho, LOVE your leopard shoes popping out underneath this cozy and casual outfit ;)

Bravoe Runway said...

Sorry to hear about the allergies, it's so uncomfortable! I think you r camera did a great job for indoor photos, I am excited to see more outfit posts!

Confetti_hearts said...

I totally know how you feel about allergies. I suffer from seasonal allergies and it's a biyootch. Really love the outfit :)

Aie Corpuz said...

lovely necklace. New follower here! =)

Heather said...

Gorgeous necklace, and I love the leopard flats!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Fitness By Alicia said...

Loving this look! The necklace is gorgeous and I love the leopard print flats.

Adriana said...

Glad you're doing much better! That's a very nice outfit. I love the necklace & leopard print shoes!

Shamia said...

YES, girl. I love it. And that top looks EXTREMELY comfy. And the quality of those photos are great, hun! Seriously. Keep up the great work! <3

Jessica said...

Thanks gals! I appreciate all the love and support. :)

xx

mariatebeck said...

In LOVE with this entire outfit!!! Great job putting it all together!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I like your necklace and also like your leopard flats.
<a href="http://www.beautybasenewcastle.co.uk>beauty salon newcastle</a>